We train kids from ages 8-18. We strive to give inner city kids a FIGHTING chance. All you need is your homework, a water bottle, and gloves. We will take care of the rest.
5:30 p.m. -6:30 p.m.
Our Afterschool and Youth Programs include:
Fernando Vargas Fighting Foundation Seeking Veterans for unique volunteer opportunity
Giving back through volunteering increases self-esteem, social reintegration, and brings a conscious awareness of the communities that you live in. Watch the Kids that you volunteer with, grow through education, boxing, and mentoring.
If you are a veteran passionate about helping our underserved communities, think about joining us a volunteer. You will provide support and linkage to needed resources for students participating at the Fernando Vargas Fighting Foundation gym.
Think about volunteering with us if you have:
- Served in the military
- A strong desire to tutor our youth
- As strong desire to help build self-esteem in kids that are bullied
- Good communication and listening skills
- Basic internet and email skills
- Want to learn how to be a youth boxing coach
- A minimum of 2-hours per week to give
- Background check required